This is the third year of the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic, which will conclude Montana's fall season of competitive soccer. The tournament encourages friendly competition and sportsmanship amongst the region’s U10-U14 boys and girls competitive teams. The tournament’s name comes from the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study Area, located about 30 miles north of Helena and visible from many parts of town, including the Siebel Soccer Complex.
- Dates: October 10th - 11th 2015 with check in Oct. 9th
- Location: Siebel Soccer Complex - Helena, MT
- Hosted by: Helena Youth Soccer Association
- Ages: U10-U14 B&G
- U10: $350
- U11-U12: $375
- U13-U14: $425
- MYSA Approval to Host
- 2015 Official Rules
- If you have not reserved a hotel room yet, Helena Youth Soccer Association has made arrangements with multiple hotels in Helena. Click Hotel Bids for more information.
Mandatory Team check-in
- Who: A coach or team manager from each team participating in the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
- When: Friday, October 9, 2015, from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Comfort Suites 3180 N Washington Street Helena, MT. All teams are required to check-in between these times.
- What: Teams will pick up their tournament packets and confirm all information on their roster is accurate. Teams who have not turned in all information (including a signed rules agreement) will need to at this time. Player cards will be required and checked against an official tournament roster.
- There are over 60 teams attending the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic! With so many teams attending we are in need of referees from all teams. Please have your team referees contact the tournament referee coordinator, Jennifer Colegrove, at (406) 431-3270.
- HYSA will be collecting a field access fee of $10 for a weekend pass and $40 for a RV weekend pass.
- Parking pass fees will be collected at gates of entrance
RV Parking/Camping Fees: $40 for the weekend. Send contact information ahead to firstname.lastname@example.org or be prepared to give information when fee collected the following; Contact name, Contact phone number, and License Plate number of towing vehicle or RV vehicle. You can check in at the Dome and pay fee, or pay in person at vehicle
The head coach from each team will be provided 3 courtesy parking passes, which will be in the team welcome bag at check-in.
- 3 games guaranteed
- U10-U12: 25 minute halves
- U13-14; 30 minute halves
- U10: 6v6
- U11-U12: 8v8
- U13-U14: 11v11
- Tournament pins awarded to all tournament participants.
- Medals will be awarded to all players and coaches of the Champions and Runner-up teams in the highest bracket for each age/gender group.
- Trophies will be awarded to the Champion in the highest bracket of each age/gender group.
- HYSA will be have its concession stand open with food and beverage selections available including:
- Hot beverages: Coffee, hot chocolate
- Cold beverages: Water, Gatorade, and soda
- Food: Pastries, granola bars, candy etc.
- Food Vendors Announced: Pop's kettle corn, Cheddar's Gourmat Grilled Cheese, and Bad Betty's BBQ
- Sadly Donut Hole has closed :(
- Play On Soccer will also be selling merchandise as well including jerseys, shorts, pants, bags and backpacks, balls, accessories, etc.
- Don’t wait until the end of the tournament to buy apparel as supplies and sizes are limited!
PO Box 6972
Helena, MT 59604
If you have any questions, please contact our Tournament Director:
HYSA Executive Director
Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic Tournament Director