Here is some information about the tournament and what will be available:
2014 will mark the second year of the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic, which will conclude Montana's first fall season of competitive soccer. The tournament encourages friendly competition and sportsmanship amongst the region’s U10-U14 boys and girls competitive teams. The tournament’s name comes from the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study Area, located about 30 miles north of Helena and visible from many parts of town, including the Siebel Soccer Complex.
- Dates: October 11-12, 2014
- Location: Siebel Soccer Complex - Helena, MT
- Hosted by: Helena Youth Soccer Association
- Ages: U10-U14 B&G
- U10: $325
- U11-U12: $350
- U13-U14: $400
- MYSA Approval to Host
- 2014 Official Rules
- If you have not reserved a hotel room yet, Helena Youth Soccer Association has made arrangements with multiple hotels in Helena. Click Hotel Bids for more information.
Mandatory Team check-in
- Who: A coach or team manager from each team participating in the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
- When: Friday, October 10, 2014, from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Gallery Room at the Residence Inn, 2500 East Custer Avenue. All teams are required to check-in between these times.
- What: Teams will pick up their tournament packets and confirm all information on their roster is accurate. Teams who have not turned in all information (including a signed rules agreement) will need to at this time. Player cards will be required and checked against an official tournament roster.
- There are 82 teams attending the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic! With so many teams attending we are in need of referees from all teams. Please have your team referees contact the tournament referee coordinator, Jennifer Colegrove, at (406) 465-3453.
- HYSA will be collecting a field access fee of $10 for a weekend pass and $20 for a RV weekend pass.
- To order your pass in advance, please email email@example.com your name, coach’s name, and team name to reserve a pass. They will be available for payment and pick up at team check-in Friday night between 7-9 pm.
- The head coach from each team will be provided a courtesy pass, which will be in the team packet at check-in.
- 3 games guaranteed
- U10-U14: 25 minute halves
- U10: 6v6
- U11-U12: 8v8
- U13-U14: 11v11
- Tournament pins awarded to all tournament participants.
- Medals will be awarded to all players and coaches of the Champions and Runner-up teams in the highest bracket for each age/gender group.
- Trophies will be awarded to the Champion in the highest bracket of each age/gender group.
- HYSA will be have its concession stand open with food and beverage selections available including:
- Hot beverages: Coffee, hot chocolate, apple cider and tea.
- Cold beverages: Water, Gatorade, and soda
- Food: Pastries, granola bars, candy etc.
- Copperline Pasty Company will also be attending. Their yummy menu includes:
- Breakfast Pasty - Sausage, Eggs, Cheese and hash browns
- Traditional Cornish Pasty - Steak, Potatoes and onions
- Luncheon Pasty- Traditional in smaller size
- Hot Beverages
- FRAPPES - Latte, Mocha, French Vanilla and HUCKLEBERRY!
- Fruit Smoothies - 100% Fruit
- Gatorade, Water, and Pepsi Products
- Cheddar’s Grilled Cheese mobile food truck will also be attending and selling their sandwiches among other things. Their delicious menu includes:
- Biscuits and gravy
- Grilled cheese sandwiches, including one with BACON!
- Fries and other goodies
- Click here to check out Cheddar’s menu.
- Sleeping Giant Soccer tournament apparel will be available including:
- Safety Green and Purple T-shirts
- Deep Heather Long Sleeve lightweight
- Black Heather Hoodies
- Play On Soccer will also be selling merchandise as well including jerseys, shorts, pants, bags and backpacks, balls, accessories, etc.
- Don’t wait until the end of the tournament to buy apparel as supplies and sizes are limited!
- Photography of games will be available through Superstar Moments Photography by Misty Boles. Please advise your parents to Click here for information signing up in advance to ensure their player is photographed. Photographs, buttons, and other items will be available for purchase via her website until November 5, 2014.
If you have not submitted payment, a gotsoccer tournament roster, or your team’s Tournament Official Rules signed, it must be received by October 6, 2014. Please send to:
PO Box 6972
Helena, MT 59604
If you have any questions, please contact our Tournament Director:
Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic Tournament Director