2nd Annual Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
2014 will mark the second year of the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic, the first fall season competitive soccer tournament in Montana. The tournament encourages friendly competition and sportsmanship amongst the region’s U10-U14 boys and girls competitive and Academy teams. The tournament’s name comes from the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study Area, located about 30 miles north of Helena and visible from many parts of town, including the Siebel Soccer Complex.
- Dates: October 11-12, 2014
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2014
- Location: Siebel Soccer Complex - Helena, MT
- Hosted by: Helena Youth Soccer Association
- Ages: U10-U14 B&G
- U10: $325
- U11-U12: $350
- U13-U14: $400
- MYSA Approval to Host
- 2013 Official Rules
- 3 games guaranteed
- U10-U12: 25 minute halves, U13-U14: 30 minute halves
- U10: 6v6
- U11-U12: 8v8
- U13-U14: 11v11
- Format: Pool play followed by Semi-final, Championship, and/or consolation games.
- Tournament pins awarded to all tournamet participants.
- Medals awarded to all players and coaches of the Champions and Runner-up teams.
- Trophy’s will be awarded to the team as a whole of the Champions and Runners-Up.
- HYSA will be collecting a parking fee of $5 per car and $10 per trailer.
- Please note: THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ALLOWED AT THE SIEBEL SOCCER COMPLEX!
- Who: A representative from all teams participating in the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
- When: Friday, October 10 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- Where: TBD
- What: Teams will pick up their tournament packets and confirm all information on their roster is accurate. Teams who have not turned in all information (including a signed rules agreement) will need to at this time. Player cards will be required and check against an official tournament roster.
Online Application (coming soon)
HYSA Interim Executive Director