2nd Annual Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
2014 will mark the second year of the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic, that will conclude Montana's first fall season of competitive soccer. The tournament encourages friendly competition and sportsmanship amongst the region’s U10-U14 boys and girls competitive teams. The tournament’s name comes from the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study Area, located about 30 miles north of Helena and visible from many parts of town, including the Siebel Soccer Complex.
- Dates: October 11-12, 2014
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2014
- Location: Siebel Soccer Complex - Helena, MT
- Hosted by: Helena Youth Soccer Association
- Ages: U10-U14 B&G
- U10: $325
- U11-U12: $350
- U13-U14: $400
- MYSA Approval to Host
- 2014 Official Rules
- 3 games guaranteed
- U10-U12: 25 minute halves, U13-U14: 30 minute halves
- U10: 6v6
- U11-U12: 8v8
- U13-U14: 11v11
- Format: Pool play followed by Semi-final, Championship, and/or consolation games.
- Tournament pins awarded to all tournament participants.
- Medals will be awarded to all players and coaches of the Champions and Runner-up teams.
- Trophies will be awarded to the Champion in each age/gender group.
- HYSA will be collecting parking: $10 for weekend pass and $20 for RV pass.
- Who: A representative from all teams participating in the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
- When: Friday, October 10 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- Where: Gallery Room at the Residence Inn, 2500 East Custer Avenue. Teams are required to check-in between at this time.
- What: Teams will pick up their tournament packets and confirm all information on their roster is accurate. Teams who have not turned in all information (including a signed rules agreement) will need to at this time. Player cards will be required and check against an official tournament roster.
Online Application- Click Here to Apply
HYSA Interim Executive Director