Want to be a Referee ?
New / Beginner Referees....
For the latest updates and best information, please visit: Montana Soccer Referee Program
See Here is a check list to guide you through the process
- Create an account at the US Soccer Learning Center
- Sign up for a beginner course in the Learning Center
- Take and pass the on-line course(s), including SafeSport
- Complete a background check if 18 or older
- Attend and complete the classroom and or field training session(s).
- You will be issued a USSF ID# and a badge will be mailed to you
- Create a referee account in GotSport
- Complete the Referee Information in your GotSport account
- Be certified by the State
- Choose Events and Tournaments you would like to work
- Assignor will contact certified referees by email for match availablity
For Entry Level / Beginner Referees .... Here is an overview of the process and how to get assignments
There are two referee accounts required: US Soccer and Demosphere.
US Soccer is for course work/training and Demosphere is for assignments.
At the US Soccer Learning Center
- create an account
- pay for and complete the background check if 18 or older
- pay the fee and take the on-line test for the appropriate course(s)
- the background check must be completed before testing can be done. The are also SafeSport Modules to complete which can be done before the background check clears.
After successful completion of the on-line test, attend the classroom/field training sessions.
After successful completion of the on-line and classroom/field training, a grade 8 referee certification is issued.
You will then need to create a Demosphere referee account after completion of the training. The state will then certify your training to be eligble to referee.
Referees need to pick EVENTS to be assigned to such as Montana State Spring League.
Most Tournaments also use Demosphere so sign up for TOURNAMENTS as they become available.
The HYSL, Helena Youth Soccer League (formerly Recreational league) is a great place to pick up assignments and experience. The Recreational League does assigning off-line, so contact the HYSL if looking for work on Sunday afternoons. The email is: Helena Assignor