Goalkeeper training will be available for all HYSA Arsenal, Academy and Recreational players interested in specialized, weekly goal keeper coaching, these trainings take place during season.
Keepers can attend either day or both days.
- Goalkeeper gloves
- Shin guards
- Recommended: Long-sleeved shirt or goalkeeper jersey
Becoming a high-level goalkeeper is a long, arduous journey but it is extremely rewarding.
The HYSA goalkeeper curriculum involves numerous aspects of the position and is geared toward developing complete goalkeepers.
HYSA goalkeepers will learn and develop in the following ways:
- Strength and conditioning
- Injury prevention
- Flexibility and agility
- Speed and quickness
- Leading from the back
- Facing adversity
- The 4 Cs: Communication (with teammates), Composure (under pressure), Confidence (in self, team, and coach), Courage (to be aggressive)
- Footwork with and without the ball
- Shot stopping techniques
- High balls/Corner kicks
- Breakaways/Through balls
- Proper positioning and body alignment
- Cutting down/off angles
- Distribution: When to throw, roll, or punt
- Impacting the game tempo
- Defending set pieces/controlling defenders
- Adjusting to differing formations