Arsenal is the most competitive level of program participation. For players and families, it is a lot of fun and also a significant time and financial commitment.
Teams compete in the MYSA (Montana Youth Soccer Association) League and participate in competitive tournaments around the western United States.
Arsenal teams have a history of success on and off the playing field and have represented Helena proudly in numerous USYS Region IV Championship & President's Cup tournaments.
Ages : 12U-14U (Fall & Spring), 12U-19U (Spring)
Commitment Level :
- Very High
- Indoor Winter Practices start in January for the Spring season (voluntary)
- Season Practices 2 to 4 times per week
- Weekend matches on Saturdays
- Length of Season; Fall: Labor day weekend through our Tournament mid-October pre-season practices would start mid-August. Spring: 1st weekend in April through State Cup Tournament usually first or second weekend in June pre-season indoors starts in January see above, pre-season outdoors would start mid-March or as soon as weather permits.
- Significant Travel
- 2 to 3 Tournaments on both weekend days.
- Parents may be asked to fill these roles at a team meeting:
- Team Manager
- Team Referee
- Recommended Volunteer time for HYSA hosted tournaments
- Recommended Participation in HYSA fundraisers
Suggested Experience :
- Minimum of 1 year Academy soccer or previous years playing experience
Season Length :
- Spring: pre-season training indoors starts in January; pre-season outdoors starts mid-March or as soon as weather permits. Regular season training and matches usually begin the first weekend in April through June State Cup the first or second week in June.
- Fall: pre-season training starts in mid-August, with the regular season beginning Labor Day and continuing through our tournament, Sleeping Giant, mid-October.
- See Registration page for registration cost
- Capelli Uniform with 2 jerseys, 1 or 2 shorts, two sets of socks
- Additional tournament fees, determined by the team
- Overnight hotel stays, determined by the team
- Travel expenses for away games (gas and food) personal expenses
- Coach travel reimbursement is an additional cost split by team
What is covered by the Registration Fee? :
- Player secondary medical insurance
- Coaching stipends (for Travel Expenses)
- Coaching education expenses
- Equipment (pinnies, cones, goals, nets, etc.)
- Game balls for the team
- Referee Fees
- Entrance into MYSA State League
- Entrance into MYSA State Cup (U13+) or Showcase Cup (U11- U12) (Spring only)
- Entrance into Arsenal Invitational Tournament (Spring)
- Entrance into Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic Tournament(Fall)
- Field maintenance expenses (mowing, fertilization, aeration, irrigation, line painting, weeding, etc.)
- Administrative expenses
- 12U - 14U
- Interested players should contact Phil McGovern email@example.com
- Players attend tryouts in the Spring before the season and are placed on teams accordingly
- More Information on Tryouts
- 15U - 19U
- More Information on Placement
Teams are led by experienced and licensed United States Youth Soccer coaches.
- Pass background checks
- Pass a Concussion awareness test provided by the CDC
- Minimum of an F grade license with US Soccer
- Further licensing is required based on the level of the team and years of coaching.
HYSA provides a stipend, and the team provides travel reimbursement for their coach(es).
Team Managers :
Each team requires a volunteer manager to provide regular team communication, communicate times and locations of practices and matches, help determine and register for Tournament attendance, and collect team fees.
Team Referees :
Each team is required to have available at least one Team Referee.