Compete at the Highest Level
Arsenal is the most competitive level of program participation. For players and families, it is a lot of fun and also a significant time and financial commitment.
Teams compete in the MYSA (Montana Youth Soccer Association) League and participate in competitive tournaments around the western United States.
Arsenal teams have a history of success on and off the playing field and have represented Helena proudly in numerous USYS Region IV Championship & President's Cup tournaments.
Ages : 12U-14U (Fall & Spring), 12U-19U (Spring)
Commitment Level :
- Very High
- Indoor Winter Practices start in January for Spring season (voluntary)
- Season Practices 2 to 4 times per week
- Weekend matches on Saturdays
- Length of Season; Fall: Labor day weekend through our Tournament mid-October pre-season practices would start mid-August. Spring: 1st weekend in April through State Cup Tournament usually first or second weekend in June pre-season indoors starts in January see above, pre-season outdoors would start mid-March or as soon as weather permits.
- Significant Travel
- 2 to 3 Tournaments on both weekend days.
- Parents may be asked to fill these roles at a team meeting:
- Team Manager
- Team Referee
- Recommended Volunteer time for HYSA hosted tournaments
- Recommended Participation in HYSA fundraisers
Suggested Experience :
- Minimum of 1 year Academy soccer or previous years playing experience
Season Length :
- Spring: pre-season training indoors starts in January, pre-season outdoors starts mid-March or as soon as weather permits. Regular season training and matches start usually the first weekend in April through June State Cup usually the first or second week in June
- Fall: pre-season training starts in mid-August with the regular season starting Labor Day and continuing through our tournament; Sleeping Giant mid-October.
- Fall 12U-14U; $205 Registration; Tryout Fee is deducted from total fee if the player makes team.
- Spring 12U - 19U; $440 Registration; Tryout Fee is deducted from total fee if a player makes team.
- Tryout/Placement Fee: $75 is deducted once from a program. If a player plays Fall, the Fall fee would be reduced by the Tryout fee, if then plays Spring will pay the total Spring fee.
- Capelli Uniform from Play On Soccer $119.90 2 jerseys, 1 or 2 shorts, 2 socks
- Additional tournament fees, determined by the team
- Overnight hotel stays, determined by the team
- Travel expenses for away games (gas and food) personal expenses
- Coach travel reimbursement an additional cost split by team
What is covered by the Registration Fee? :
- Player secondary medical insurance
- Coaching stipends (for Travel Expenses)
- Coaching education expenses
- Equipment (pinnies, cones, goals, nets, etc.)
- Game balls for the team
- Referee Fees
- Entrance into MYSA State League
- Entrance into MYSA State Cup (U13+) or Showcase Cup (U11- U12) (spring only)
- Entrance into Arsenal Invitational Tournament (Spring)
- Entrance into Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic Tournament(Fall)
- Field maintenance expenses (mowing, fertilization, aeration, irrigation, line painting, weeding, etc.)
- Administrative expenses
- 12U - 14U
- Interested players should contact Phil McGovern firstname.lastname@example.org
- Players attend tryouts in the Spring prior to the season and are placed on teams accordingly
- More Information on Tryouts
- 15U - 19U
- More Information on Placement
Teams are led by experienced and licensed United States Youth Soccer coaches.
- Pass background checks
- Pass a Concussion awareness test provided by the CDC
- Minimum of an F grade license with US Soccer
- Further licensing is required based on the level of team and years coaching
HYSA provides a stipend and the team provides travel reimbursement for their coach(es).
Team Managers :
Each team requires a volunteer manager to provide regular team communication, communicate times and locations of practices and matches, help determine and register for Tournament attendance, and collect team fees.
Team Referees :
Each team is required to have available at least one Referee at the level of Assistant Referee.