Info on Fall Arsenal and the 2014 Fall MYSA League are coming soon!
Arsenal is HYSA’s highest level program, competing in the MYSA State Leagues and participating in competitive tournaments around the western United States. Arsenal teams have a history of success on and off the playing field and have represented Helena proudly in numerous USYS Region IV Championship tournaments. Most Arsenal teams practice 2-4 times per week and play multiple games on Saturday (and Sunday for tournament play). The average Arsenal team will go to 2-3 overnight tournaments every spring season in addition to competing in the MYSA State Cup at the end of the season.
Tryouts for the Fall Arsenal season are held in August and spring Arsenal tryouts are held the fall before the spring season (as registration for the MYSA state league must be completed before we can practice full-time outside in the spring). According to state standards, U12 teams are split evenly, according to skill, physicality, and experience. U13-U19 teams are tiered according to ability. Teams are formed in the U12, U13, U14, U16, and U19 age groups for both boys and girls. HYSA allows play-ups (a player playing with an age group older than they are) on a limited basis based on a number of factors. Players must request this in writing and more information can be found on the tryouts page.
For more information, please visit the tryouts page.
Key Fall 2014 Dates (updated 6/20/14):
- Monday, August 4: Early registration and sibling discount deadline
- Monday, August 11: Late registration deadline
- Mon-Thur August 11-14: Tryouts (U12-U14)
- Friday, August 15: Team formation meeting (U12-U14)
- Saturday, August 16: Teams announced (U12-U14)
- Monday/Tuesday August 18-19: Check-in
- Week of Mon, Aug 18: Practices begin
- Saturday, September 5: MYSA Fall League play begins
- Fri/Sat/Sun, October 10-12: 2nd Sleepoing Giant Soccer Classic hosted by HYSA
- Spring tryouts: TBD
For more information, please contact:
Interim Executive Director