FALL/Spring 2015/2016 Arsenal Tryouts,
Rec Plus, Academy U10
HYSA will hold tryouts for our competitive Arsenal program for the Fall/Spring 2015/2016 year/season June 8-11, 2015.
HYSA Arsenal U11-U14 Fall/Spring 2015/16 Full year team
June 8th & 9th 6pm Siebel Soccer Complex Check in starts at 5pm
Check in will begin at 5pm. Players should be dressed soccer appropriately and ready to go at 6pm. The session will last 90 minutes. All boys and girls welcome.
HYSA Arsenal U16 – U19 Spring 2016 season
June 10th & 11th 6pm Siebel Soccer Complex Check in starts at 5pm
These high school age tryouts will be followed up if needed by an abbreviated Fall tryout. If a player is considering Spring Arsenal Soccer in 2016, they should participate in the tryout now to get in front of coaches.
HYSA Arsenal Tryouts can be registered for at our website; by clicking the large “Registration” tab on the upper left of home page. Players will attend both tryouts, cost is $30.00 per player.
There will be additional fees to pay for the Fall/Spring teams U11 – U19. HYSA strives to keep programs affordable and have payment plans and financial assistance for families. All Parents are encouraged to attend a 2015/2016 Orientation meeting at the Concession stand the first night of each age group tryout at 615pm.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Executive Director, Phil McGovern firstname.lastname@example.org 406-431-3064
This popular program is returning this Fall for U10 boys and girls, and will follow USYSA Pool format that emphasizes player technical development. Players are on the Academy “team” playing at and on play dates scheduled with nearby Clubs. This will allow us to control their travel. More information will come for this group Early August.
New Program U9 Rec Plus
This will be a new program for our existing Rec League players as a transition program in anticipation of playing competitive/travel soccer. More information will be provided for this age group in mid-August as we begin to form Recreational Teams.
U11 through U12 players are evaluated during tryouts in order to form teams with the goal of equally balancing talent and ability across the teams as per current MYSA rules. There is discussion regarding removing that stipulation and allow for "A" & "B" teams where player numbers allow. U13 through U19 players are evaluated during tryouts in order to form "A", "B" teams where player numbers allow; to develop players and challenge players to the highest level possible.
The tryout process will be as follows:
- All players must register for tryouts and pay the $30 registration fee. This fee is applied to the overall HYSA Arsenal Program fees.
- Players must attend both tryout sessions for their appropriate age group, unless advance arrangements are made with the HYSA Executive Director.
- All Play ups/downs are only good for one season and must be skill based. Any player requesting a play up or down must complete the required form and submit it to the HYSA Executive Director in advance of the tryout. The HYSA Executive Director will advise the players on which tryout to attend in advance, and it is likely that a player requesting a play-up/down will attend tryouts for both the appropriate age group and the one for which they are requesting to play with. No same-day requests for play-ups/down will be accepted. See below for more information. Play ups/downs are ultimately decided by MYSA and parents may or may not be asked for additional information.
- All Players must check in at the dome on the day of the tryouts. At check-ins, each players will recieve a number and attach it to their clothing as directed. A player will keep the number for second tryout and RETURN number when finished tryouts.
- At each tryout session, a full player evaluation/assessment will be performed.
- All players must check-in at both tryout sessions.
- Players are NOT to wear any identifying HYSA gear and will be asked to change if they do. All players must wear white tops.
- Players must have proper protection (shin guards fully covered by socks) and soccer cleats. additional equipment to play Goal Keeper.
- Players are encouraged to bring their ball.
- All players are responsible to be ready to go at Tryout start time.
- HYSA attempts to place all players on a team, but in the event that we are unable to place a player, a refund of fees will be issued.
- At HYSA’s discretion, players may be placed in an age group different from their age to better their technical or tactical development.
All players will be required to commit to their team by paying the balance of their HYSA Arsenal program fees by deadline announced.
For players new to the Arsenal program, please be aware that Arsenal teams are traveling teams and your player can end up traveling out of town on many weekends. See “Cost” below for more information.
All play-ups/downs are for one season only. All play-ups or play-downs must be skill appropriate or other extenuating circumstances.
Please apply by filling out the HYSA Arsenal Play-Up/Down Request Form (below) and turn in to the HYSA Executive Director in advance of the tryouts.
Program fees do not cover all expenses that are incurred with a travelling team. Fees for U11- U14 will be announced/discussed when team assignments are finalized, it will be based in part on the fees to be paid to MYSA. There will be payment plan options to help families.
The HYSA program fee for the Spring 2016 Arsenal season is $365. Click here to see additional expenses that may be incurred and to see what is covered by your program fee.
Arsenal teams are traveling teams – this means that your player can end up traveling many weekends during a season to play their games. Travel may include trips as far away as Billings or Whitefish.
All players will be required to purchase a new uniform if they have not purchased one from the past Spring or Fall season and will not be permitted to play with the old uniform or any uniform pieces that are not a part of the new uniform kit. The uniform cost will be $89.90 (same as previous uniform cost) and will include two uniform kits.
Register for tryouts here